Saturday, July 15, 2006

Virgin Post


I met a traveller from an antique land who said:

"whenever a person creates a blog, somewhere in the world an Editor cries."

Since I haven't much love for editors anyway, I call this blog my public service to all writers.

Aside from that small act of altruism however, this will be a purely selfish and self-serving site devoted to things that interest me interlaced with my own particular commentary. The Internet is the great equalizer which tends to translate anybody's opinions into publishable material, potentially available for the world to read. It's a crime against prose to allow this trend to go unchecked, so I've decided to either enter the ranks of the inspired poseurs or as a standard-bearer of the the written world here in cyberland . Whichever title I wear depends the outcome of my endemic fight against apathy and inertia.

I have big ideas - periodic quotes and jokes I come across will be posted here. Photos and pictures, important news, cool websites, ideas (or schemes, if you will) and your basic trash-talk will all be here. Expect some messy layouts at first, gently and subtly evolving into rough features and finally into a sporadic genius.

Oh, the joy of publishing editorials without the untalented hand of an Editor!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i like strippers